[Coco] FW: MindRoll (32K) ROM?

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Sun Nov 8 17:27:10 EST 2015

On 11/08/2015 02:53 PM, Chad H wrote:
> Would anyone by any chance have a good copy of the 32K .ROM/.CCC file for
> MindRoll?
>

> The copy I had from
> http://www.classiccmp.org/cpmarchives/trs80/Software/CoCo/CoCoRen/  didn't
> work so I downloaded another one from doperoms.com, titled: MindRoll
> (1988)(26-3100)(EPYX) (U) (!).zip but experienced the same behavior as the
> one I already had.
>

> Also, I couldn't get the either of the Arkanoid ROMs to load on my CoCo2 or
> CoCo 3 from the www.classicmp.org site but fortunately I had saved a image
> of one sent to me on a EPROM from Mark McDougal a while back that boots
> perfectly on both my CoCo 2 and CoCo 3.  So either these files are corrupted
> on the www.classicmp.org site or they were modded for a emulator or other
> platform.  Any information on this would be appreciated.
I have it in my head that any ROM cartridges over 8K used bank
switching, so a straight-forward ROM dump might need some extra code to
emulate whatever hardware is added to the cartridge to do that. Maybe
your working Arkanoid has been patched.  (I'm not sure how big the
Arkanoid ROM is, but I'm taking a guess here.)

JCE