[Coco] Supercomm fails to load on NitrOS9 lvl 2 on my CoCo 3 with 128K, and a couple of other questions?

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 18:19:05 EST 2015

On Nov 3, 2015 6:06 PM, "Bill Pierce via Coco" <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

> Robert (and others), first of all, no modification is needed at all to
run SuperComm under NitrOS9 becker OR NitrOS9 DW.
> DriveWire4 has a "builtin" modem emulation and will connect to online
"telnet" BBSs and other telnet services. Under NitrOS9 dw or becker (with
internet connection on the dw4 server) just type:

> supercomm /n
>
> To get to a BBS is another matter... you need to read the Supercomm
manual and set the "Autodial" file to automatically connect to the BBS, so
you must know the IP address and port # of the BBS. Most have it listed on
their BBS website.

You can also just type the Hayes(ish) command ATD1.2.3.4:5678 where 1.2.3.4
is the IP and 5678 is the port if not the standard port 23.
DW virtual modems start in echo off mode, so you might want to type
ATZ<enter> first so you can see what you're typing.  The entire base Hayes
command set is available so most anything will work, provided you can
convince it to talk to /N.  Supercomm is nice that way, some other programs
require more effort.