[Coco] How to determine if an OS-9 or NitrOS-09 program is a 6809 or a 6309 binary program

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Sun Nov 1 00:42:03 EDT 2015

Hi Guys,

As I'm thinking about what needs to be done to adapt NitrOS-9 6809 L1
modules to the Multicomp09, I have been wondering if there is a way to
determine whether a binary program was written for a 6809 cpu or 6309 cpu.
If not, can we update NitrOS-9 to include this ability in the module header?
There are loads of programs in the VHD files that Bill Pierce has shared
with us and I can't determine what I can run on the 6809 Multicomp and what
I can't without blindly running the programs in question.  Anyone know the
answer to this one?  Thank you all in advance.

Kip Koon

 <mailto:computerdoc at sc.rr.com> computerdoc at sc.rr.com

 <http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon>