[Coco] OS9 68K, MM/1 software and questions

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Thu Dec 31 14:19:36 EST 2015

On 12/31/2015 06:39 AM, Mark McDougall wrote:
> On 31/12/2015 3:58 PM, Joel Ewy wrote:
>
>> Just a few more details off the top of my head.
>
> I'm starting to get rather interested in this machine. Yet another toy
> to take my time! ;)
>
> Definitely interested to know more about the possible kits/rebuilds.
> Would also be interested in having a crack at a MESS driver if there's
> enough information floating around!
>
> Regards,

There should be sufficient information for MESS emulation.  I think that
what CD-i support there already is in MESS would be a good start.  Most,
if not all, of the chips in the MM/1 are also in other machines already
emulated under MESS, and we certainly have the logic equations for the
PLDs on the I/O board and 8M memory board, as well as schematics.

If you want to read up on the Signetics 66470 VSC, the databook is at
http://www.mess.org/datasheets/philips
The MM/1 Technical Manual is available here and elsewhere:
https://ia801707.us.archive.org/11/items/MM-1_Technical_Manual_1991_Interactive_Media_Systems/MM-1_Technical_Manual_1991_Interactive_Media_Systems.pdf

It's also here, along with more documentation:
http://maben.homeip.net/static/s100/interactive%20media%20systems/systems/index.html

And I believe much of it is on Maltedmedia as well.  Here are some
things I scanned in 2008:
ftp://ftp.maltedmedia.com/coco/OS9_68K/MM1/Hardware/

JCE