[Coco] Speech and Sound Cartridge under NitrOS9

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Wed Dec 30 23:58:30 EST 2015

Quite some time ago, I modified the speech/sound cartridge driver to switch to .89Mhz while accessing the speech cartridge and switch back when returning to the OS. I have been using this driver for many years with my unmodified speech/sound cartridge with both level II OS9 and NitrOS9 level II. Unfortunately I can not locate the source code, but it is essentially the stock sscpak driver with instructions added to drop to slow speed when entering the write routine, and return to 2Mhz when exiting. I posted it here

http://star2.abcm.com/download/speech

This file contains the device descriptor and the device driver. Copy the file to an OS9 or NitrOS9 level 2 disk, set the "e" attribute, and load the file.

Header for : SSC
Module size: $3D  #61
Module CRC : $AFF6FA (Good)
Hdr parity : $D5
File Mgr   : SCF
Driver     : SSCPAK
Edition    : $53  #83
Ty/La At/Rv: $F1 $82
Device Descriptor mod, 6809 Obj, re-ent, R/O

Header for : SSCPAK
Module size: $D9  #217
Module CRC : $2E1B85 (Good)
Hdr parity : $01
Exec. off  : $0015  #21
Data size  : $001E  #30
Edition    : $01  #1
Ty/La At/Rv: $E1 $82
Device Driver mod, 6809 Obj, re-ent, R/O