[Coco] OS9 68K, MM/1 software and questions

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Wed Dec 30 22:17:19 EST 2015

On 12/30/2015 08:46 PM, L. Curtis Boyle wrote:
> I know that Chris Burke did a version of RSDOS/BASIC for the TC-9 (it was a separate boot disk from the “normal” OS-9 and NitrOS-9 ones), but I didn’t run it too much (and it was a bit unreliable on my system, since I had bumped the clock speed from 1.78 to 2MHz with a clock crystal replacement, and hadn’t bothered trying to patch Chris’ code to slow down disk routines enough to make it fully reliable).
> So, in that sense, the TC-9 was a “Coco 4”, although said BASIC (and OS-9) did need some patches for the 8 bit joysticks, and 8 bit sound.
>
> L. Curtis Boyle
> curtisboyle at sasktel.net

Yeah.  I didn't know if that ever came to existence or was just
vaporware.  Glad to learn it really existed.  My machine was never
particularly stable, and apparently it had a problem with Disto's Super
Controller II for some reason, which meant I would have had to spend
even more money to get it set up with a hard drive, so it just never did
much for me.  Maybe now I could get it set up with a CoCoSDC.  Mark
Marlette keeps saying there were some mods that improved the stability.
If I could ever get some documentation on that I'd be game to get the
thing running, for the sake of history if nothing else.

JCE