[Coco] Noob 6809 ASM programmer looking for tips

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Tue Dec 29 17:06:37 EST 2015

Actually, I pretty much agree with Mark on this.  Once you get the
'hang' of assembler whether on a Z-80, 6809, 6502, 68000, or 8088 then
pretty much all you need is a reference type book.  You don't need to be
taught assembler all over again for another processor. When I went from
programming the 6809 to programming the 68000 there were a whole bunch
of new registers and stuff but the concept remained the same.  I bought
the 68000 Leventhal book and was writing assembly code (for the 68000)
in short order.  You also learn a few tricks on the way by experimenting
or by looking at other people's code.

Dave