[Coco] OS9 68K, MM/1 software and questions

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 12:06:23 EST 2015

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 7:44 AM, Zippster <zippster278 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, we have the ROMS in this machine, which I’ve backed up already,
> those would be for the original configuration with the cpu board, IO board
> (SCSI HD),
> and original Minibus.

​Ah ok so then it would require it to boot off of the floppy first before
switching to the HDD.​

> Does the ROM upgrade for the 2.0 Minibus include support for a larger
> than 256MB HD?

​Well OS-9/68K could handle larger hard drives.  The boot ROM that was
setup for booting off of HDD's would only boot off of cluster size 1
HDD's.  So only the boot volume was limited to 256MB.  Though at the time I
never had anything that large back then anyway so never bothered me.
Now sadly the format utility that came with the version of OS-9/68K with
the MM/1 you could not specify the size of the drive to format.  Even if
 you used dmode to change the size of the descriptor it always formatted
the drives max capacity.