[Coco] OS9 68K, MM/1 software and questions

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 13:00:27 EST 2015

Hello everyone,

So, I have recently been lucky enough to get an MM/1 computer from Michael Knudsen, and a
bunch of OS9 68K Manuals and the OS9 Professional 2.4 distribution disks from John Linville.
Thank you guys!

This is my first foray into the world of OS9, and my first experience with the MM/1.

So far, I’ve been able to find the MM/1 User and Technical manuals, schematics, and a
smattering of other info specific to the MM/1, mostly from the Malted Media FTP site.

What I’d really like to get ahold of is a copy of the original MM/1 distribution disks and any
MM/1 specific software possible.  The only MM/1 specific software I have is what is on the
hard drive, and a couple of floppies.  I’m hoping to do a full backup and then a clean install
from the distribution disks to get a better idea of what’s going on here.

I’d also like to put together an archive with as much MM/1 information and software as I can find.
Does anyone have any MM/1 software they’d be willing to share?  I’ll be happy to pay for floppies
and shipping.

And a couple of OS9 68K questions...

Are there any tools out there anyone knows of to mount OS9 68K Universal Format floppies
or images on a modern operating system?  I’m looking for a way to transfer files easily back
and forth, and get backups into a modern machine for storage.  Kermit is installed on the machine,
so there’s also the possibility to do serial file transfers.

Does anyone know of a good archive out there for OS9 68K software?

BTW, I am planning a remake of the system boards for the MM/1, gathering the ICs etc to
build several.  It’s an interesting system with an interesting history, and a good way for me
to explore the OS9 operating system which I’ve always heard of, but never used.

I guess I find it intriguing…  :)

Thanks,

- Ed