[Coco] OS9 Level I - Clock issue?

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 09:13:40 EST 2015

On Sun Dec 27 2015, Richard E. Crislip wrote:

> Am I running an outdated CLOCK module here? (newer edition
> > available?). I mean, if it is at all the CLOCK module the one at
> > fault...
>
> My thought is are you running a 12 hour clock? Does it change the date
> at 12 noon?

OS9 Level 1 takes the SETIME input in 24 hour format, just double checked
on the manuals as I got curious about that too.

There seems to be an issue with the stock OS9L1 CLOCK program, I loaded
NitrOS9 L1 and its clock runs fine between day changes at midnight. As
mentioned, all these years I don't recall ever taking a second look at the
clock when working late on the CoCo under OS9, never bothered to check
until now that I had a visual cue on screen due to the Logo Clock program
running.

Maybe I will - as an exercise - disassemble the clock module and see if I
can find the cause of the one day ahead flip upon the 00:00 hour :-)

-- RP