[Coco] Plugging more stuff in to the RS-232 Pak

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Fri Dec 25 09:06:57 EST 2015

Is it possible to power an IR LED via the RS-232 pak and successfully send a
set pattern of signals to an IR-controlled device?

In other words, can I use my RS-232 pak to turn my CoCo in to a TV Remote? I
have no idea at what "baud rate" those signals are sent out. Can the CoCo
match the speed? I'm guessing yes.

Certainly someone has tried this already, if it isn't just out and out
stupid. It sounds pretty simple. A resistor or two and an IR LED?  I have a
bazillion remotes around here I can pull an IR LED from. Am I going to blow
up my CoCo! Hehe.