[Coco] "I had a Dream"

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Dec 23 09:37:27 EST 2015

On Wednesday 23 December 2015 07:31:53 Francis Swygert wrote:

> Guys, it's a good idea to have one person in charge of ANY project.
> Maybe " supreme commander" and "workers" is a bit strong, but someone
> needs to be the go-to person and they need to direct the show. That's
> simply the most efficient way to run the show. "By committee" takes a
> lot longer and too many compromises may have to be made. I don't know
> Stephen. He may come on a little strong, but he has the right idea.
> Shouldn't take two years to do what Dennis wants -- I think Stephen
> has something a lot more detailed in mind. But if you have the time to
> help at least try to work with him. He's a little blunt sometimes
> (from what I read here), but he does seem to have a good grasp on what
> needs to be done in the long term. For short term just a little
> organizing and naming seems to be sufficient. That would need to be
> done as the first step for the long-term plan anyway.  Frank Swygert
> Fix-It-Frank Handyman Service
>  803-604-6548

I disagree Frank. Stephens mind is unchangeable. In what, 15 years
starting with the Princeton list, he has yet to answer any question put
to him with anything but a change of subject to something entirely
un-related. So if SHF is in charge, he likely will get no help.

I got tired of trying to get a simple yes or no out of him about a year
ago, so his posts have now been deleted from my isp's mail servers
before fetchmail can pull them ever since.

This list has dissolved into long strings of reply's to SHF's posts that
I don't see and my ulcers are happy when those threads die. Nothing is
ever actually resolved because any question put to SHF is never
answered, the thread thankfully running down eventually when folks tire
of it.

There are other, younger & far more qualified people on this list who
have intimated they might do it given time and access, and who would
have little problem gathering some helpers.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)