[Coco] FW: My EEPROM/Flash multicart holy grail??

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 17 19:24:19 EST 2015

Ok, long story short. So I expanded the EEPROM board in order to support the
4MB chip to now included 2 x 74HC595 8-bit registers.  However, the 4MB chip
only needs 3 of the additional 8 address lines.  The dual shift registers
combined with the updated bit control table will actually support up to a
128MB parallel FLASH chip.   Very little code change was made to the
external controller and no hardware changes were made to it.

However, this is a slight problem.  So far I have been unable to find any
chip that large that the MCUMall GQ-4x or the TL866 will program.

When searching support for candidate chips, such as the Intel
JS28F00AM29EWHA in TSOP-56 package, the cheapest programmers I've found that
will handle them are over $1,300.  :/     I realize trying to encorporate a
128MB chip into this project is little crazy and overkill but who knows?
Might find a use someday.  Can anyone point me to a programmer under a grand
atleast that would do this sort of chip?

I guess this may be the holy grail for EEPROM size I will never be able to
make happen.

- Chad H

http://sites.google.com/site/cbhlab101/