[Coco] Homebrew CoCo Games

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Sat Dec 12 09:04:06 EST 2015

I like the idea of a sound chip with an output jack on the cartridge. Just plug in headphones or a computer speaker(s) and let the chip generate all the sound, no CPU overhead at all.
I still think an Arduino cartridge would be great. Maybe with some flash ROM for a program as well. A ROM cart with an Arduino (or some other small controller) interface would be nice. I suppose it would be possible to have a couple header connectors that something like an Arduino Nano would plug into, then bring the pins out to another row of headers that could be wire wrapped to, with the appropriate lines going directly to the CoCo... maybe jumpers to switch some lines between the CoCo and external access.  I'm not sure such a cart would be real useful though.  Frank Swygert
 Fix-It-Frank Handyman Service
 803-604-6548