[Coco] Homebrew CoCo Games

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Fri Dec 11 21:54:30 EST 2015

On 12/11/2015 6:48 PM, Mark McDougall wrote:
> On 12/12/2015 5:47 AM, Nick Marentes wrote:
>
>> I am designing the game to utilize 64K. That's the smallest I can make
>> it currently and I've had to remove a large sound sample which was going
>> to provide a musical sound track in the background while the game
>> played.
>>
>> When the game is eventually completed, I can look into the hardware for
>> the game pak rom.
>
> My Lode Runner cartridge will require more than 32KB, so I'll probably
> stick a decent flash chip on there and make it a multi-cart. The idea
> is also to have an I2C EEPROM for non-volatile storage. Probably won't
> be dirt cheap though.
If there is interest, I have a surplus of xc9572xl-vq64s and am29f040b
flash roms here I can scale my design down to hit better price points.
That'd be a 512kB cart.  Since I don't need level shifting on the
am29f040b, that frees up quite a few pins on the CPLD, which could be
used to implement a sound IC or uC interface.

Jim