[Coco] Homebrew CoCo Games

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Fri Dec 11 14:49:40 EST 2015

I wasn't aware of the sound chip possibility. That was never used in any
games on the CoCo, though, right? I certainly can't think of any.

That was a touted feature of the Atari 7800 and one of the reasons why that
particular system was saddled with the Atari 2600's sound chip. The idea
was to put a POKEY chip in the cartridges that needed them. Unfortunately,
for various reasons, including Atari's own cheapness at that time, only two
of the 7800's games (Commando and Ballblazer) ended up with POKEY's in the
cartridge. Of course various other systems, including many of Nintendo's,
benefited greatly from being able to add various chips to the standard
cartridges.

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade, Inc.
<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books
<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1> and