[Coco] Homebrew CoCo Games

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Fri Dec 11 13:47:27 EST 2015

On 11/12/2015 4:14 PM, Neil Blanchard wrote:
> For what it's worth and to let all of you know. I'd be more than happy paying $50 to $60 (and yes I mean USD currency which is like a million dollars in CAD currency right now haha) for a finished product CoCo game cartridge.

Thanks. All good feedback and it's good to hear that there is an
interest in a ROM pak game as a collectible.

My first step is to restart development of my game after being
sidetracked with other CoCo projects such as the hardware'less high res
mouse interface and patches to BASIC to support 225 scanlines.

I am designing the game to utilize 64K. That's the smallest I can make
it currently and I've had to remove a large sound sample which was going
to provide a musical sound track in the background while the game played.

When the game is eventually completed, I can look into the hardware for
the game pak rom.

What would ultimately be good is a generic rom pak pcb with an option to
plug in a small sound chip. The chip could be omitted if the game
doesn't require it to lower costs. Several games cartridges on other
platforms icluded a sound chip to enhance the game audio.

Such a cartridge for the CoCo would truly be a "SuperRom Game Pak"

Nick