[Coco] Swift

Boisy G. Pitre coco at toughmac.com
Thu Dec 3 19:48:39 EST 2015

Tom,

I’m certainly excited about this, and there are several approaches:

1- Write a Swift compiler toolchain in 6809
2- Write a Swift interpreter in 6809
3- Adapt an LLVM backend for the 6809 and cross-compile Swift on Mac/Linux.

Option 1 would be a huge task; option 2 would be a subset of option 1, and option 3 would give the most bang for the buck.

I’ll bet that it won’t be long before the Swift compiler retargets for platforms like Android and Windows… I’m certainly moving all of my development away from Objective-C to Swift for this very reason.
—
Boisy G. Pitre
CoCo Projects Coordinator
http://www.cloud9tech.com <http://www.cloud9tech.com/>