[Coco] RGB2VGA on Amiga W.I.P.

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Thu Dec 3 02:01:30 EST 2015

Another option is to wire this cable and use an SCART to HDMI converter/scaler like I use with my CoCo 3 video solution.

http://www.ianstedman.co.uk/Amiga/amiga_hacks/Amiga_SCART/amiga_scart.html

Here is the cable already made for about $17.00 including shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMIGA-RGB-VIDEO-AUDIO-SCART-CABLE-1-5m-/121821870008?hash=item1c5d2637b8:g:ZswAAOSwNSxVZYKT

Here is one of many SCART to HDMI video converters/scalers that should work with this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCART-to-HDMI-Video-Converter-Box-1080P-50Hz-60Hz-Scaler-3-5mm-Audio-Output-PF-/111832265224?hash=item1a09b8f208:g:aNsAAOSwys5WVGaT

Please note that I do not know or endorse these ebay sellers or their listing, I am only providing them as examples of these items. Please shop around  as many suppliers have similar cables and converters that should work in the same price range. One important consideration is to make sure the Amiga SCART cable connects to the Amiga 23 pin video connector and not just the RCA composite video output. I have not tested this solution my self, as I have an Amiga 3000 which has a builtin VGA scan doubler and outputs VGA at 30khz, and my Amiga 2000 has an external Amiga -> VGA adapter, but I believe that this should work well. You need a monitor or TV with an HDMI input, and your total cost should be less than $60.00 including shipping for both the cable and the converter.