[Coco] os9 copy failing on large disk images

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Jul 14 23:05:36 EDT 2013

On Sunday 14 July 2013 22:59:06 Bob Devries did opine:

> Hi all,
>
> I find it passing strange that the toolshed command "os9 copy" returns
> error 248 on disks which are formatted to DW (1024 tracks) standard.
>
> Could this be an error where an integer is used, but a long would be
> better?

No clue Bob.  And I suspect but have no proof that if the os9 copy program
tries to emulate the wd1773 too closely, then it will run into the fact
that the track and sector registers in the WD1773 are byte wide, tracks=max
of 255.  Ditto for sectors.  I haven't looked at that code as it seems to
Just Work on linux.  But it could be enlightening to look at the code with
that in mind.  You are still building on the R-Pi?  That of course throws
another unknown into the morning oatmeal.

> Regards, Bob Devries
> Dalby, QLD, Australia

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)