[Coco] toolshed os9 copy question

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 07:54:10 EDT 2013

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Monday 22 April 2013 21:52:40 Steven Hirsch did opine:
>>
>> The binaries end up in the various subdirectories, e.g.
>> /usr/src/toolshed/build/unix/cocofuse
>>
>> Once you get the cocofuse binary to build, give a holler.  Actually,
>> even if it doesn't build, give a holler with the error message :-)

> At first it said it was all done, so I did a make clean;make
>
> Lots of warnings, (rma looks like it needs a 55 gallon drum of bug killer &
> cleanup tlc, some of which look like crash generators or memory leaks by
> the megabyte) but no show stopper errors, doing it all as myself, not root.

Did you end up with a 'cocofuse' binary in the directory I mention just
above?

If so, then try this:

$ mkdir /tmp/mymount

$ cocofuse somedisk.dsk /tmp/mymount

Where 'somedisk.dsk' is an image of an OS-9 diskette. If no obvious error
messages, try:

$ cd /tmp/mymount

$ ls -al

You should see a listing of the root directory of the diskette image.  To
remove the mounted image, try:

$ fusermount -u /tmp/mymount

If you do not have a cocofuse binary, please do:

$ make clean

$ make > make.log 2>&1

$ gzip make.log

Then send me make.log.gz as an e-mail attachment and I'lly try to figure
out where the build is going south.

Steve