[Coco] OT: Video game documentaries

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 22:22:06 EDT 2010

I've just finished watching a documentary about Donkey Kong and the contests
to be the world champion.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0923752/

I remember playing the coco version (Donkey King??) or something similar,
from Spectral or Spectrum Associates, for many many hours,
Prior to getting the coco I had spent a lot of money in the arcades loosing
it to the game programmer ;-)
For some reason, I didn't get quite obsessed with Donkey Kong, but the coco
version of Robottron ate up a few years of my life.

Does anyone know if Donkey Kong used off-the-shelf cpus or a custom cpu?

For those into video game documentaries, here's a great one about Atari &
the 2600.
http://www.onceuponatari.com/
Many of the game programmers are interviewed in this, it's quite
interesting.